Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you allow pets in any of these properties?
2. What is the nearest airport to Big Sky?
Bozeman, MT – 1 hour from Big Sky
3. Which airlines fly into Bozeman?
United, Frontier, Delta, Alaska Air, Allegiant, American, JetBlue, SouthWest
4. Do I need a car?
YES - We recommend a 4 wheel drive vehicle at all times in the winter.
5. Is there a shuttle service from the Bozeman Airport to Big Sky?
Shuttle service is available from the Bozeman airport to Big Sky.
We recommend Karst Stage: 800-845-2778
You can have groceries delivered by Roxy's Market. They will contact us and we will grant them access prior to your arrival.
6. Do I need a 4-wheel drive vehicle?
YES - We recommend 4-wheel drive for everyone in the winter months, due to unpredictable snow conditions.
7. Where is the best place to grocery shop?
* Roxy's Market and Deli in Big Sky (Delivery available)
Roxy's is located on the left, approximately 2 miles after you turn off of Hwy. 191, on your way up the mountain. They have excellent organic options as well as traditional food.
* Hungry Moose Grocery & Deli has 2 locations - one in the Big Sky Town Center and a second location in the Big Sky Mountain Village.
8. Snow Sports School Recommendations:
Madison Base Snow Sports: 406-993-6062
Big Sky Resort Snow Sports: 406-995-5743
Lone Peak Playhouse - Big Sky Resort Daycare
Located at the base of Big Sky Resort in the Snowcrest Lodge: 406-993-2220
Children 6 months to 8 years old
Reservations are recommended: 406-993-2220
9. Where are these properties located?
All of our properties are ski-in/ski-out and are located in Moonlight Basin. All of the properties are ski-in/ski-out to all of Big Sky Resort's 5800 acres.
10. How far is it to Yellowstone National Park?
Yellowstone National Park is approximately 1 hour from our properties.
11. Do you recommend snowmobiling in Yellowstone National Park?
Yes, if you have never been to Yellowstone before and you are interested in seeing Old Faithful, bison, and lots of Montana's natural beauty, even in the winter, we would recommend it, either by snowmobile or snowcoach.
Please see our “Winter Activities” page for more detaiis.
12. Does the property have access to the private Moonlight Club?
No. The Moonlight Club is permanently CLOSED to ALL Rental Guests.
13. How far is it to shops and restaurants?
There are shops and restaurants in the Big Sky Mountain Village (less than 2 miles) + additional restaurants, shops, movie theatre, ice skating, hiking trails, farmer's market, summer concert venue, etc. in the Big Sky Town Center (8 miles).
14. How far to the Big Sky Mountain Village?
The Big Sky Mountain Village is less than 2 miles from all of the properties on this site, which is approximately a 3 – 5 minute drive.
15. How far is the center of town?
The Big Sky Town Center, home of the summer outdoor concerts, summer Farmer's market, Big Sky ice skating rink, and additional shops and restaurants and movie theatre, is located 8 miles or 12 - 15 minutes from these properties